Uniqlo launches Twitter-based campaign
Japanese clothing brand Uniqlo has launched a new Twitter-based campaign entitled 'Sportweet' to promote its summer sportswear.
Uniqlo: Sportweet website
By entering their Twitter username at a dedicated Sportweet website, consumers' tweets will feature in a video showing athletes playing football, tennis, basketball, as well as performing martial arts and dance routines. Users will be able to link to pages showing the clothing worn in the video.
Uniqlo will also compile various Twitter stats including frequency, popularity and speed of Tweets to provide consumers with a "worldwide sportiness ranking" against other Sportweet users. The initiative currently has just short of 5,000 users.
"Twitter users can enjoy a game-like feel where they can compete with other users for the sportiness," said a Uniqlo spokesman.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London