AMV BBDO the only UK winner in Promo & Activation Lions
CANNES 2010 - Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has scooped two silver Lions and a bronze in the Promo & Activation category at this year's Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
Sandwich, Kent: centre of Walkers promo work
The agency picked up the awards for its 'Sandwich' work for Walkers Crisps, which saw the brand hold a celebrity-filled event in the quiet Kent town of Sandwich, in an effort to show just how much more exciting a sandwich can be with Walkers.
AMV BBDO was the only UK agency to win in the category, which overall saw 55 Lions handed out, including eight Golds.
The winner of the Grand Prix was the US agency TBWA\Chiat\Day Los Angeles, which scooped the overall prize for its 'Replay' campaign for Gatorade.
The campaign, which also won a Gold, aimed to encourage adults over the age of 30 to exercise, by challenging them to reunite with their high school teams and replay some of their most intense and exciting school games.
"It's a unique idea that created a movement," Tina Manikas, the global retail & promotions officer at DraftFCB and president of the judging panel, said. "It was utterly inspiring and something that's going to grow and grow."
Among the other agencies to win Gold was BBDO New York, which won one for its 'Imagine' campaign for HBO, and Jung Von Matt Hamburg, which picked up one for its work for NBC Universal.
JWT Italia Milan won two Gold Lions for its 'Auditorium' campaign for Heineken, while Saatchi & Saatchi Sydney also won two Gold Lions for its 'Nothing Soft Gets In' work for Toyota.
The remaining Gold went to the Swedish agency Ester, which impressed the judges with its 'safe-sex awareness' campaign for The Stockholm County Aids Prevention.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...