Habbo Hotel and MTV agree cross-promotion deal
Habbo Hotel, the world's largest virtual world for teenagers with 1.1 million users and MTV Networks International are partnering up to promote each other via their digital and television platforms.
Habbo: agrees cross-promotion deal with MTV
The partnership includes Habbo’s first ever television advertisement and MTV's first permanent tie-up with a virtual world.
Philip Bourchier O'Ferrall, senior vice president of digital media at MTV Networks International, said: "Habbo Hotel offers MTV’s audience a unique way to interact with their favourite artists."
The partnership is illustrative of MTV's digital mandate: to provide compelling experiences on all relevant digital platforms, according to Bourchier O'Ferrall.
An MTV fan group will be available inside Habbo Hotel with which users can receive news and gossip about MTV celebrities. The celebrities will also enter the Habbo MTV studio to chat and launch competitions.
MTV Europe has already had ties with Habbo Hotel. Last year, Habbo users could interact with the MTV Europe Video Music Awards allowing them to vote on artists, when virtual awards and visit virtual stages.
Habbo has partnered with other online networks before, joining up with Facebook in January, 2010, so users could share their Habbo Hotel experiences on their news feed.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...