Habbo Hotel and MTV agree cross-promotion deal
Habbo Hotel, the world's largest virtual world for teenagers with 1.1 million users and MTV Networks International are partnering up to promote each other via their digital and television platforms.
Habbo: agrees cross-promotion deal with MTV
The partnership includes Habbo’s first ever television advertisement and MTV's first permanent tie-up with a virtual world.
Philip Bourchier O'Ferrall, senior vice president of digital media at MTV Networks International, said: "Habbo Hotel offers MTV’s audience a unique way to interact with their favourite artists."
The partnership is illustrative of MTV's digital mandate: to provide compelling experiences on all relevant digital platforms, according to Bourchier O'Ferrall.
An MTV fan group will be available inside Habbo Hotel with which users can receive news and gossip about MTV celebrities. The celebrities will also enter the Habbo MTV studio to chat and launch competitions.
MTV Europe has already had ties with Habbo Hotel. Last year, Habbo users could interact with the MTV Europe Video Music Awards allowing them to vote on artists, when virtual awards and visit virtual stages.
Habbo has partnered with other online networks before, joining up with Facebook in January, 2010, so users could share their Habbo Hotel experiences on their news feed.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London