MediaCom appoints first global head of trading
WPP's MediaCom has appointed Dominic Guba as its first global head of trading.
Dominic Guba: global head of trading
He will report to Juergen Blomenkamp, global head of GroupM trading, and Christian Schmalzl, chief operations and investment director of MediaCom.
Guba joins from Aegis Media, where he most recently held the position of head of global trading and before that vice president of investment management.
He will be responsible for "optimising MediaCom’s buying performance across all worldwide markets" and will be based in London.
His role will also include developing and implementing trading models and tools, with a focus on optimising the network's processes and procedures.
Guba said: "The consolidation of buying points and the proliferation of media offers are creating a vast array of new trading opportunities. I look forward to helping deliver increased buying advantage and accountability across borders."
Schmalzl said: "[Dominic's] vast experience in multinational media investment management and analytics will undoubtedly bring us even better consistency to our network globally."
MediaCom clients include GlaxoSmithKlline, T-Mobile and Volkswagen.
Guba will join Andy Zonfrillo, the head of Mindshare's Exchange trading unit in the UK, who was named global head of pricing at GroupM last week.
Zonfrillo will take up his new post in August after 10 years at Mindshare. He has been responsible for leading trading for Mindshare clients including News International, Nike and Motorola.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)