Photon in talks with Naked as crisis threatens earnout
Shareholders in Naked Communications are facing an uncertain future due to the continuing troubles of its Australia-based parent company Photon Group.
Long…in New York discussing Photon's future
Shares in Photon, which is reported to have debts close to AUS$300 million, were suspended last month and the company began talks this week with its various constituent agencies about restructuring outstanding earnout deals which total $176 million.
Sources close to Naked suggest that Photon is keen to fund the remaining period of its earnout in stock rather than cash but, with its shares suspended and likely to relist at a lower level, this option could prove an unattractive one.
Nigel Long, the group chief executive of Naked, was in New York this week to discuss Photon's plans with its representatives.
Sources suggest that 37 of Naked's global staff, including its founding UK partners, are participating in the four-year earnout, which included a £16.5 million initial cash payment, a further cash payment two years in and then a final, uncapped, cash payment due when the earnout ends in February 2012.
The UK arm of Naked is described by sources as "profitable and a good business" but could face an ownership change should Photon's troubles continue.
However, the Photon chief executive, Jeremy Philips, is attempting to secure funding to refinance its debt.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Lead Planner Source £60000 - £65000 per annum + full benefits & top career progression , London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...