Old Spice targets Twitter generation
The Cannes Film Grand Prix-winning Old Spice campaign has evolved into targeting Twitter users, including Starbucks and GQ, with 117 publicly available video messages.
Old Spice: starring former American Football player Isiah Mustafa
Wieden + Kennedy Portland scooped the top creative honour last month for its US TV ads for the Procter & Gamble brand, starring fast-talking, muscle-bound former American Football player Isiah Mustafa as a "The man your man could smell like".
It has now created more than 100 short clips featuring Mustafa in the shower and talking to a camera, but this time addressing individual Twitter users famous in the US, such as actress Alyssa Milano.
In the third of three clips tweeted to her, he flirts with her with a bunch of flowers in his arms while handwriting a letter with a massive feathered quill.
After Starbucks tweeted him to say "You look cold, need some coffee", he filmed a response saying "Thank you Starbucks for your offer, but I like to keep myself warm by boiling a large pot of water, putting a handful of uncooked lobster tortellini in my mouth and dunking my head in it for 12 to 14 minutes until the tasty seafood delight starts melting in my mouth."
In another to GQ, he responds to the magazine's positive review of the Old Spice ads while wearing a tie.
All the clips can be seen on the Old Spice YouTube channel.
Read more on Brand Republic's digital blog The Wall
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...