Adidas appoints Stella McCartney for Olympics
Adidas, the official sportswear partner of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, has appointed British fashion designer Stella McCartney as creative director for its Adidas Team GB ranges.
Adidas: sponsors the Olympic hopefuls
McCartney will oversee the design of both athlete kit and fan wear for the Adidas brand, which marks the first time in a top fashion designer work with a sports brand to design competition wear for both the national Olympic and Paralympic Teams.
Fans will be able to purchase both the Adidas women's and menswear collections form autumn, which includes the official Team GB and Paralympics GB kit, presentation suits and village wear.
Adidas has designed and provided kit to Team GB since 1984. Going forward McCartney will have creative design input in further ranges.
This appointment builds upon McCartney’s existing relationship with Adidas, having launched Adidas by Stella McCartney in 2004.
Nick Craggs, marketing director at Adidas UK, said: "Adidas is bringing together the best British athletes performing at the Olympic and Paralympic Games with the best British designer and we are thrilled to have someone of Stella’s stature working with us in the run up to London 2012.
"This is the ultimate fusion of performance and style and we are delighted to further our relationship with Stella in this way."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Lead Planner Source £60000 - £65000 per annum + full benefits & top career progression , London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...