Spotify AR campaign offers hidden track
Spotify, the online music streaming service, is running a promotion this weekend for the band Monarchy, that allows users to hear an exclusive track via an augmented reality iPhone app.
Takeover: Monarchy's Spotify homepage
The exclusive track is self-penned by Monarchy, the 80s-style synth-duo known for its eccentric promotions and performances.
As part of the promotional deal, Monarchy will take over the Spotify homepage for three days.
Users will be able to take a picture of a special image on the homepage and use the app to unlock an exclusive Tim Goldsworthy remix of the single, ‘Love get out of my way,’ in the Monarchy app’s ‘Vault’ section.
The single’s official release date is August 30.
The band’s record company, Mercury Records, is also giving Spotify users access to further exclusive tracks from the band’s forthcoming album.
Previously, Monarchy became the first music act to broadcast a live show into space, when they played at Cape Canaveral.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Copywriter The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...