Spotify AR campaign offers hidden track
Spotify, the online music streaming service, is running a promotion this weekend for the band Monarchy, that allows users to hear an exclusive track via an augmented reality iPhone app.
Takeover: Monarchy's Spotify homepage
The exclusive track is self-penned by Monarchy, the 80s-style synth-duo known for its eccentric promotions and performances.
As part of the promotional deal, Monarchy will take over the Spotify homepage for three days.
Users will be able to take a picture of a special image on the homepage and use the app to unlock an exclusive Tim Goldsworthy remix of the single, ‘Love get out of my way,’ in the Monarchy app’s ‘Vault’ section.
The single’s official release date is August 30.
The band’s record company, Mercury Records, is also giving Spotify users access to further exclusive tracks from the band’s forthcoming album.
Previously, Monarchy became the first music act to broadcast a live show into space, when they played at Cape Canaveral.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London