Zoopla augmented reality app details every UK home
Property website Zoopla, which recently handed VCCP and Vizeum £8m of creative and media business, has created an augmented reality iPhone app detailing all 27 million UK properties.
Zoopla: unveils AR iPhone app
The free app allows users to get valuations on all properties, including the sold prices of 15 million homes and local information, via a map search or by pointing the iPhone’s camera at a building.
Zoopla.co.uk was launched in 2008 by Alex Chesterman and Simon Kain, the founders of LoveFilm, with angel and venture capital investment from Atlas Venture and Octopus Ventures.
It claims to be the fastest-growing property website in the UK and provides users with house price data, property listings and local market information.
Chesterman, chief executive of Zoopla.co.uk, said the app provides consumers with "the information they need to make better-informed property decisions".
In June, Vizeum was awarded the £5m media planning and buying account for Zoopla.co.uk after a final pitch shoot-out with Arena Media and PHD. It will be responsible for the site’s first above-the-line advertising campaign scheduled for later in the year.
Vizeum's commission marked the property website's first appointment of a media agency.
In May, VCCP was awarded the estimated £3m TV advertising account for Zoopla.co.uk, following a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London