Zoopla augmented reality app details every UK home
Property website Zoopla, which recently handed VCCP and Vizeum £8m of creative and media business, has created an augmented reality iPhone app detailing all 27 million UK properties.
Zoopla: unveils AR iPhone app
The free app allows users to get valuations on all properties, including the sold prices of 15 million homes and local information, via a map search or by pointing the iPhone’s camera at a building.
Zoopla.co.uk was launched in 2008 by Alex Chesterman and Simon Kain, the founders of LoveFilm, with angel and venture capital investment from Atlas Venture and Octopus Ventures.
It claims to be the fastest-growing property website in the UK and provides users with house price data, property listings and local market information.
Chesterman, chief executive of Zoopla.co.uk, said the app provides consumers with "the information they need to make better-informed property decisions".
In June, Vizeum was awarded the £5m media planning and buying account for Zoopla.co.uk after a final pitch shoot-out with Arena Media and PHD. It will be responsible for the site’s first above-the-line advertising campaign scheduled for later in the year.
Vizeum's commission marked the property website's first appointment of a media agency.
In May, VCCP was awarded the estimated £3m TV advertising account for Zoopla.co.uk, following a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...