Haymarket relaunches What Car? magazine
Haymarket Consumer Media is revamping What Car? magazine with the introduction of a new buyers' guide section that makes the title 40 pages thicker.
What Car?: Haymarket title gets a makeover
The relaunch is tied to its September issue, on sale on 29 July. The magazine will offer a new 40-page A-Z which rates and pictures every car currently on sale in the UK.
What Car? claims to be "the UK’s biggest car-buying advice brand", with over 1.5 million consumers consulting it each month.
It currently comprises What Car? magazine, the website whatcar.com and brand extensions such as the What Car? Driving School. Whatcar.com also hosts the female-focused car buyer's site, evecars.com.
Haymarket has invested heavily in the redesign and promotion of What Car?, including sampling initiatives with The Telegraph and with other Haymarket titles as well subscription offers and online promotions.
Steve Fowler, editor-in-chief said, "We have made huge investments in the magazine by improving what we do best and what we are famous for – helping the nation buy better.
"This redesign is a commitment to ensuring the quality of the product and to maintain our strength in print as a 'pillar' brand on newsstands".
Andrew Golby, publishing director said: "Our investment in the title comes at a time when the UK new car market is recovering strongly.
"We hope to play our part in maintaining that growth."
In the last set of magazine ABCs, for July – December 2009, What Car?'s circulation had fallen 9.8% year on year to 83,102 copies.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...