Madeover Tetley Tea Folk revealed ahead of new campaign
Images of the Tetley Tea Folk's new look have been revealed for the first time and show the familiar characters have acquired a makeover.
Tetley: images of the characters hit the internet
Marketing broke the story in June that the Tetley Tea Folk would be appearing in ads again. They were last used nine years ago.
Retained agency Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy is reported to be making a "nostalgic" ad for the comeback, but the images published by the Daily Mail, Daily Express and numerous other online publications today show the familiar Tetley characters blinged up.
In illustrations, which are said to still be under consideration, the Gaffer has been given a pin-striped suit and a BlackBerry. Tina's new look is more Wag than worker and Sydney, the dozy character, is now dressed in garb more usually seen on rappers, including N-dubz' trademark woolly hat.
It is thought that the television ads will break in around three weeks' time.
Tetley, in a statement, said: "I'm sorry but we are unable to provide any further comment. Like with all great groups, comeback rumours will always circulate but at present, we have nothing to announce."
MCBD declined to comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region