Madeover Tetley Tea Folk revealed ahead of new campaign
Images of the Tetley Tea Folk's new look have been revealed for the first time and show the familiar characters have acquired a makeover.
Tetley: images of the characters hit the internet
Marketing broke the story in June that the Tetley Tea Folk would be appearing in ads again. They were last used nine years ago.
Retained agency Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy is reported to be making a "nostalgic" ad for the comeback, but the images published by the Daily Mail, Daily Express and numerous other online publications today show the familiar Tetley characters blinged up.
In illustrations, which are said to still be under consideration, the Gaffer has been given a pin-striped suit and a BlackBerry. Tina's new look is more Wag than worker and Sydney, the dozy character, is now dressed in garb more usually seen on rappers, including N-dubz' trademark woolly hat.
It is thought that the television ads will break in around three weeks' time.
Tetley, in a statement, said: "I'm sorry but we are unable to provide any further comment. Like with all great groups, comeback rumours will always circulate but at present, we have nothing to announce."
MCBD declined to comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...