Glamour publishes Converse-backed regional issues
Conde Nast's Glamour magazine has produced eight different September editions of the magazine for different regions in the UK, in a partnership with the shoe brand Converse.
Glamour: Condé Nast to publish eight regional editions
Cover star Katy Perry, US pop singer and fiancée of Russell Brand, wears a different white T-shirt on each cover, with the names of each of the British regions graffitied on.
Each edition, out on Thursday 12 August, contains a dedicated 16-page editorial section tailored to Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Newscastle and London.
Signed by Katy Perry, the T-shirts and a pair of Converse trainers, will be given away online via Glamour.com. In addition, users can also enter a competition to win a pair of Converse trainers every day for a month, called "Me and My Converse’.
Jo Elvin, editor of Glamour, said: "I have to thank our partners in this, the wonderful people at Converse, without whom the project would never have happened. They even helped us track down some of the incredibly cool, incredibly talented rising stars from each area, that you can read about in your particular issue."
Glamour’s editor also said readers were encouraged to tweet their personal suggestions on what regional information should be included in their local editions, "to make sure that each place’s ‘mini mag’ is crammed full of great tips to get to know where you live that little bit better."
Supporting online content for the September editions includes video blogs from the local talent who feature in the magazines, and behind-the-scenes footage from the cover shoot with Katy Perry.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...