Yahoo! and Expedia launch travel partnership
Yahoo! has partnered with online travel company Expedia, to provide a travel booking service on Yahoo!'s sites across Europe.
Yahoo!: launches travel partnership with Expedia
Yahoo! Travel is a co-branded search tool, allowing users will to find travel and accommodation deals on more than 123,000 hotels and 450 airlines, using Expedia’s "e-packaging" search technology and filtering system.
It also features a "deals module", which updates travel offers in real time and gives access to Expedia user-generated hotel reviews as part of the service.
Yahoo! currently has a "premier travel" service it said has attracted 115% more users than the previous month. Yahoo! recently announced a search toolbar venture with Nectar, enabling cardholders the opportunity to earn loyalty points by using the Yahoo! search bar.
In Yahoo!’s second quarter results for 2010 the company posted an 8% drop in search revenue but a 19% increase in display advertising.
Expedia’s brands include expedia.com, hotels.com and TripAdvisor. In June it implemented a "try-before-you-buy" scheme to enable users to view hotels and resorts in real-time before making a booking, as part of a wider strategy to drive up bookings.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...