Foster's set to remake British comedy shows
Foster's is to extend its humour-based marketing strategy by reviving a series of classic British comedies online.
Foster's moves into branded content
Under the plans, the Heineken UK-owned lager brand will commission the production of one-off episodes of some of the UK’s all-time favourite comedy shows. It aims to use the producers, writers and talent responsible for the original programmes.
Details are yet to be finalised, but Gayle Harrison, Foster’s marketing manager, cited I’m Alan Partridge and The Fast Show as examples of the type of show the brand plans to recommission.
She said the drive would give the brand credibility among its target audience of young men. The content would be accessible via its website.
The initiative is intended to build on Foster’s title sponsorship of the Edinburgh Comedy Awards and Channel 4 comedy.
The lager brand has also unveiled its first comprehensive redesign since its UK launch in 1976. The fresh look, created by design agency BrandMe, will be rolled out across all Foster’s marketing material with the revamped can featuring in new TV ads.
As part of a wholesale investment in the brand by Heineken UK, Foster’s marketing spend will increase by 35% over the next five years.
Click here for Editor’s comment.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...