Betfair launches biggest campaign to date
Betfair is launching its largest ever marketing campaign in a bid to become the world's biggest betting community.
Betfair: 'cut out the middleman'
The TV and online campaign will be rolled out across the UK and Europe from Saturday (21 August) and aims to increase Betfair's three-million-strong betting community and, according to the company, represents the biggest ad campaign to date.
The activity will also be supported by a global online push within social media.
Created by Albion, the campaign, which also includes PR, CRM, natural and paid search, encourages consumers to 'cut out the middleman' and bet directly with other punters on Betfair.
The TV campaign dramatises how a middleman – or traditional bookmaker – gets in the way, adding no value to the customer experience.
The ads will be aired across sporting programmes and channels such as Sky Sports and ESPN, Champions League football on ITV and Channel 4 Racing, as well as the Ryder Cup.
Betfair will also be one of the first betting brands to have a homepage takeover on YouTube, after the Google-owned site lifted a ban on paid search gambling terms in the UK last year.
Albion London chief executive Jason Goodman said: "The betting industry is extremely competitive but Betfair's peer-to-peer exchange model makes the brand unique. It's this factor that Albion wanted to bring to life.
He added: "In encouraging punters to 'cut out the middleman', this campaign uses the vernacular of modern, disintermediating businesses that have thrived in the digital age by allowing their customers to go 'direct'."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...