Kraft begins hunt for melt-free chocolate wrapper
Kraft Foods, the US food giant and owner of Cadbury, is bidding to steal a march on its rivals by introducing "thin-film" packaging to prevent its chocolate bars from melting.
Dairy Milk: Kraft brand
The Daily Telegraph has reported that the company has begun a search for new packaging technology that would minimise the melting of chocolate during hot weather and also prevent discoloration of chocolate when it is stored in sunlight.
US innovation consultancy NineSigma has issued a tender for the packing design on behalf of Kraft.
Kraft owns a number of chocolate brands including Milka, Toblerone, Cote d'Or and Terry's, along with Cadbury's chocolate brands such as Dairy Milk.
Kraft was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Creative Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Woburn Sands
- Senior Packaging Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £40000 per annum, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Capability Manager - Kingston Upon Thames Stopgap negotiable, Kingston upon Thames
- Web Trading Manager Stopgap £60000 - £65000 per annum, South East England
- Account Manager Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum + Double OTE, City of London