Online shopping sales jump in July
Internet sales in July grew at their fastest rate yet, boosted by sales of holidays, clothing and accessories, according to new figures from the IMRG.
Summer spree: UK shoppers spent £5bn online in July
UK shoppers spent £5bn online for the month, an increase of 18% over the same time last year, marking the biggest jump since 2007.
The IMRG e-Retail sales index, which tracks more than 100 retailers, shows that the average UK shopper spent £81 online in July.
The biggest increase in online sales was for clothing and accessories at 64%. Travel sales grew by a third compared with a year ago, making flights and holidays the largest online purchasing sector.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London