WaterAid highlights diarrhoea as a killer
WaterAid is launching a hard-hitting TV campaign created by Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw that highlights the plight of people living in areas of poor sanitation, through a dark version of the playground song, 'Diarrhoea Diarrhoea'.
The first half of the ad, which was shot at a primary school in Hackney, shows British children smiling and giggling as they sing the words "When it comes out your bum like a bullet from a gun. Diarrhoea. Diarrhoea."
The second half of the ad cuts to a child in Zambia, who speaks the following words in a contrastingly sombre tone of voice: "When it’s just killed your sister and you’re really going to miss her. Diarrhoea. Diarrhoea."
The ad then asks viewers to text "dig" to 88008, or call 0800 088 7088, or visit the campaign microsite.
The advertising, which will run until the end of September, is targeted at 35 to 50-year-old professionals, to encourage them to sign up to donate regularly to WaterAid.
The campaign also asks people to sign a petition that calls on the Government to support a drive to provide more toilets in the world’s poorest countries.
The overarching campaign is underpinned by the line "Dig toilets, not graves" and aims to show how providing proper sanitation in the form of pit toilets can help stop the spread of diarrhoea, which kills 4,000 children every day in developing countries.
Amy Faulkner, WaterAid’s supporter recruitment team manager, said: "We are confident that the campaign will help us to achieve our fundraising targets for this year, as well as getting the critical issues of sanitation and diarrhoea talked about more widely."
The ad is being broadcast on channels including Sky One, Living, Discovery, Bravo, More 4 and Sky Sports. Supporting activity will include inserts, email, a viral ad and online display.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...