Future appoints Mark Wood as UK chief executive
Future, the special-interest media group, has announced the appointment of Mark Wood as new chief executive of its UK business, following the departure of Robert Price in May who left to take up the role of UK managing director of 20th Century Fox.
Future: appoints Mark Wood as UK chief executive
To take up the role, Wood will step down as non-executive director of the Future Plc Board which he joined in April 2009.
Wood has previously worked as chief executive of ITN from 2003 to 2009, where he created and built new digital media businesses. Prior to that he worked for Reuters, having worked his way up from journalist to editor-in-chief, in charge of all Reuters news and television businesses.
Since leaving ITN Wood has worked on numerous digital start-ups and has advised two national newspaper groups on internet and iPad strategies.
Stevie Spring, Future’s group chief executive, has been managing the role in addition to her own, since Price’s departure in May. Spring said: "Content creation and curation is at the heart of Future’s business and Mark is one of the UK’s most experienced and talented leaders of content-focussed companies."
Wood said: "I relish the opportunity to play a bigger part in the achievement of the company’s objectives in a rapidly changing media market."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...