Is Yahoo! preparing to take stake in Hulu?
Yahoo! is preparing to buy a "considerable" stake in Hulu, if the US video-on-demand site floats on the stock exchange, according to investment bank Stifel Nicolaus & Co.
Digital players: Yahoo! reported to be considering investment in Hulu
Last week, it was reported that a share sale of the company could take place as early as this year and would value the company at more than $2bn.
The site that streams popular shows such as 'Family Guy' and 'Desperate Housewives' is one of the most popular video-on-demand sites in the US.
Hulu generated video ad impressions of 783 million in July, putting it ahead of Microsoft, according to data from ComScore. However, for the same period it had 28.45 million unique viewers, behind rival You Tube, which has 143.2 million unique viewers.
Hulu, which launched in 2007, was tipped to enter the UK last year, but had difficulty gaining streaming rights, according to insiders.
Last month, the site introduced a new paid-for service, Hulu Plus. The service provides users with a wider range of programming for a fee of $9.99 (£6.58).
Yahoo! declined to comment.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...