UKTV reinstates Thinkbox membership
UKTV has joined Thinkbox, meaning the commercial-TV trade-marketing body now represents all the major ad-funded broadcasters.
UKTV: rejoining Thinkbox
UKTV, which is a joint venture between BBC Worldwide and Virgin Media, and owns channels including Dave, Watch and Gold, was an original member of the consortium involved in the creation of Thinkbox in 2005.
However, it quit the organisation in 2006 following a disagreement between its sales house, IDS, and the other members of the board over voting rights.
At the end of this year, UKTV's sales contract will pass from IDS to Channel 4. Links between the broadcasters were strengthened when David Abraham became chief executive of Channel 4 this year, having held a similar role at UKTV.
The digital broadcaster will become a full member of Thinkbox, with its executive director, business and operations, Julia Jordan, taking a seat on the board.
'UKTV is focused on embracing the evolution of television,' said Jordan. 'What better time to join forces with Thinkbox to broadcast the fact that this medium is in its most exciting and impactful phase yet.'
The other shareholders of Thinkbox are ITV, Channel 4, Sky Media, Five, GMTV and Turner Media Innovations.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London