UKTV reinstates Thinkbox membership
UKTV has joined Thinkbox, meaning the commercial-TV trade-marketing body now represents all the major ad-funded broadcasters.
UKTV: rejoining Thinkbox
UKTV, which is a joint venture between BBC Worldwide and Virgin Media, and owns channels including Dave, Watch and Gold, was an original member of the consortium involved in the creation of Thinkbox in 2005.
However, it quit the organisation in 2006 following a disagreement between its sales house, IDS, and the other members of the board over voting rights.
At the end of this year, UKTV's sales contract will pass from IDS to Channel 4. Links between the broadcasters were strengthened when David Abraham became chief executive of Channel 4 this year, having held a similar role at UKTV.
The digital broadcaster will become a full member of Thinkbox, with its executive director, business and operations, Julia Jordan, taking a seat on the board.
'UKTV is focused on embracing the evolution of television,' said Jordan. 'What better time to join forces with Thinkbox to broadcast the fact that this medium is in its most exciting and impactful phase yet.'
The other shareholders of Thinkbox are ITV, Channel 4, Sky Media, Five, GMTV and Turner Media Innovations.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)