Google's logo is the most prominent in the UK
The Google logo is viewed once every nine minutes in the UK, making it the most-seen logo on an average day, according to new research.
Google: most-viewed logo in the UK
The study, conducted by MyVoucherCodes.co.uk, found that 34% of the respondents who where asked which logo they see the most on an average day, said that Google was the most prominent. Of those, 47% said this was because Google was their homepage or the first page they logged on to once online.
The majority of participants estimated they saw the Google logo more than 50 times every working day, and 52% said they used Google to search for something between 10 and 20 times a day.
Microsoft is the second most-viewed logo at 15%, followed by Facebook with 11% and Apple at 9%.
Coco-Cola, which is the fifth most-viewed brand with 8% of respondents seeing it the most during the day, is the only brand within the top 10 that is not from the media and technology sector.
Mark Pearson, chairman of MyVoucherCodes, said he was "not surprised" to see that Google was the most recognised logo in the UK because it had become "such an institution," given the dominance it had in the search market and websites’ reliance on Google ads.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london