Google's logo is the most prominent in the UK
The Google logo is viewed once every nine minutes in the UK, making it the most-seen logo on an average day, according to new research.
Google: most-viewed logo in the UK
The study, conducted by MyVoucherCodes.co.uk, found that 34% of the respondents who where asked which logo they see the most on an average day, said that Google was the most prominent. Of those, 47% said this was because Google was their homepage or the first page they logged on to once online.
The majority of participants estimated they saw the Google logo more than 50 times every working day, and 52% said they used Google to search for something between 10 and 20 times a day.
Microsoft is the second most-viewed logo at 15%, followed by Facebook with 11% and Apple at 9%.
Coco-Cola, which is the fifth most-viewed brand with 8% of respondents seeing it the most during the day, is the only brand within the top 10 that is not from the media and technology sector.
Mark Pearson, chairman of MyVoucherCodes, said he was "not surprised" to see that Google was the most recognised logo in the UK because it had become "such an institution," given the dominance it had in the search market and websites’ reliance on Google ads.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)