Google's logo is the most prominent in the UK
The Google logo is viewed once every nine minutes in the UK, making it the most-seen logo on an average day, according to new research.
Google: most-viewed logo in the UK
The study, conducted by MyVoucherCodes.co.uk, found that 34% of the respondents who where asked which logo they see the most on an average day, said that Google was the most prominent. Of those, 47% said this was because Google was their homepage or the first page they logged on to once online.
The majority of participants estimated they saw the Google logo more than 50 times every working day, and 52% said they used Google to search for something between 10 and 20 times a day.
Microsoft is the second most-viewed logo at 15%, followed by Facebook with 11% and Apple at 9%.
Coco-Cola, which is the fifth most-viewed brand with 8% of respondents seeing it the most during the day, is the only brand within the top 10 that is not from the media and technology sector.
Mark Pearson, chairman of MyVoucherCodes, said he was "not surprised" to see that Google was the most recognised logo in the UK because it had become "such an institution," given the dominance it had in the search market and websites’ reliance on Google ads.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...