Chelsea launches online TV portal
Chelsea FC has launched a online TV portal for the 2010/11 season, with new and exclusive content from its Sky channel, Chelsea TV.
Chelsea FC: launches online TV portal
The portal, produced and maintained for Chelsea by sports media specialist Perform, will include interviews, live press conferences and behind-the-scenes features on the football club. It will not carry third-party advertising.
Content from Chelsea TV, previously only available to Sky subscribers, will now be available to Chelsea club members through the portal and fans will be able to watch match previews and extended highlights.
In addition to live audio commentary of every game, there will be visual representation of key events, including live text commentary, interactive match stats and live photo updates. Fans can also use social networking tools to chat to each other.
Cas Knight, head of Chelsea digital media said: "The relaunch of Chelsea TV is an exciting part of our digital ambitions and, through the wide-ranging content the channel offers, it will help our fans feel even closer to the action."
Chelsea TV Online is the first edition of Perform’s new-generation TV console, which a spokesman for Perform said offered a much improved site navigation and customer-payment process.
Oliver Slipper, joint chief executive of Perform, said: "This new, exciting channel marks the launch of our new video platform and will create an even more engaging experience for Chelsea fans who are keen to stay in touch with all the club’s news."
The site is part of Perform’s long-term relationship with Chelsea Football Club, the terms of which a spokesman declined to disclose.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Creative Content Manager. Daniel Marks London £50-60k, London
- Senior Communications and Copywriting Executive Pitch Consultants £25000 - £28000 per annum + bonus and excellent benefits, Coventry
- Junior to Mid-Weight Creative Teams Daniel Marks London £30-60k, London