Chelsea launches online TV portal
Chelsea FC has launched a online TV portal for the 2010/11 season, with new and exclusive content from its Sky channel, Chelsea TV.
Chelsea FC: launches online TV portal
The portal, produced and maintained for Chelsea by sports media specialist Perform, will include interviews, live press conferences and behind-the-scenes features on the football club. It will not carry third-party advertising.
Content from Chelsea TV, previously only available to Sky subscribers, will now be available to Chelsea club members through the portal and fans will be able to watch match previews and extended highlights.
In addition to live audio commentary of every game, there will be visual representation of key events, including live text commentary, interactive match stats and live photo updates. Fans can also use social networking tools to chat to each other.
Cas Knight, head of Chelsea digital media said: "The relaunch of Chelsea TV is an exciting part of our digital ambitions and, through the wide-ranging content the channel offers, it will help our fans feel even closer to the action."
Chelsea TV Online is the first edition of Perform’s new-generation TV console, which a spokesman for Perform said offered a much improved site navigation and customer-payment process.
Oliver Slipper, joint chief executive of Perform, said: "This new, exciting channel marks the launch of our new video platform and will create an even more engaging experience for Chelsea fans who are keen to stay in touch with all the club’s news."
The site is part of Perform’s long-term relationship with Chelsea Football Club, the terms of which a spokesman declined to disclose.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Business Director PFJ £60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...