EBay redoubles marketing efforts for fashion offering
EBay is rolling out its largest ad campaign to date, to back its Fashion Outlet site offering lower prices on around 30 big-name fashion brands.
Ebay: ad campaign set to boost fashion offering
The autumn ad push will run across print and outdoor media. Double-page print ads will appear in Vogue, OK!, Look, Grazia, Stylist, Elle and Red, from 31 September, and the outdoor activity will begin in October.
The ads, created by BBH, will showcase the brand products, focusing on the savings shoppers can get by using the online marketplace, rather than the high street.
Since eBay launched its Fashion Outlet site in April, it has had 30 fashion retail brands, including Superdry, Karen Millen, Ted Baker and Office, join to sell their products through it.
It ran a campaign for the site from 3 May to 30 June, spanning press, outdoor, online, email, social media and PR. The activity used the strapline "The clothes you love, direct from the brands you love".
Angus McCarey, director of eBay Enterprise, said: "There is huge potential for growth in the online fashion market, as consumers seek out greater choice and value.
"Over the past year, we have seen a 25% increase in the number of fashion-savvy shoppers who are choosing to shop online at eBay instead of the high street."
Fashion is one of eBay's most successful categories, with 2.3 million visitors a year. Founded in 1999, eBay claims to have 17 million unique visitors per month, hosting 160,000 registered business and 24 high street retailers to sell their goods.
The activity will follow the launches of online shops from high street retailers H&M and Zara, the latter on Thursday (2 September) and the former on 16 September. Gap launched a UK version of its online shop last week.
According to the IMRG e-Retail sales index, online sales for clothing and accessories grew by 64% in June.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London