EBay redoubles marketing efforts for fashion offering
EBay is rolling out its largest ad campaign to date, to back its Fashion Outlet site offering lower prices on around 30 big-name fashion brands.
Ebay: ad campaign set to boost fashion offering
The autumn ad push will run across print and outdoor media. Double-page print ads will appear in Vogue, OK!, Look, Grazia, Stylist, Elle and Red, from 31 September, and the outdoor activity will begin in October.
The ads, created by BBH, will showcase the brand products, focusing on the savings shoppers can get by using the online marketplace, rather than the high street.
Since eBay launched its Fashion Outlet site in April, it has had 30 fashion retail brands, including Superdry, Karen Millen, Ted Baker and Office, join to sell their products through it.
It ran a campaign for the site from 3 May to 30 June, spanning press, outdoor, online, email, social media and PR. The activity used the strapline "The clothes you love, direct from the brands you love".
Angus McCarey, director of eBay Enterprise, said: "There is huge potential for growth in the online fashion market, as consumers seek out greater choice and value.
"Over the past year, we have seen a 25% increase in the number of fashion-savvy shoppers who are choosing to shop online at eBay instead of the high street."
Fashion is one of eBay's most successful categories, with 2.3 million visitors a year. Founded in 1999, eBay claims to have 17 million unique visitors per month, hosting 160,000 registered business and 24 high street retailers to sell their goods.
The activity will follow the launches of online shops from high street retailers H&M and Zara, the latter on Thursday (2 September) and the former on 16 September. Gap launched a UK version of its online shop last week.
According to the IMRG e-Retail sales index, online sales for clothing and accessories grew by 64% in June.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)