AB InBev appoints Vizeum to £23m media account
Anheuser Busch InBev has appointed Vizeum to its £23m media planning and buying account.
Stell Artois: owner InBev appoints Vizeum
Last week incumbent Starcom was dropped by the brewer, which counts Stella Artois, Beck's and Budweiser in its portfolio, as part of the ongoing review of the business.
The incumbent failed to make it through to the final stage of the pitch, leaving Vizeum and Universal McCann in a two-way shootout.
The other competing agency PHD was dropped from the pitch along with Starcom.
Vizeum will now be responsible for the media strategy, planning and buying for all AB InBev's core brands in the UK. The Aegis-owned agency will begin work on the account over the coming weeks.
Ken Valledy, AB InBev’s Western Europe consumer connections director, said: "We are delighted to appoint Vizeum and are confident they will do a great job supporting us in choosing the right communications channels to engage our consumers around our latest Stella Artois, Budweiser and Beck’s campaigns in the UK.
"We are also very pleased that Vizeum will use their unique position to partner with us in our responsible drinking efforts."
AB InBev said it would "like to thank Starcom for their support to our business and brands over many years and wish them continued success."
Grant Millar, Vizeum managing director, said: "We are delighted to be working with the market leading brewer with the best beer brands in the world."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London