Interpublic's Orion picks up InBev barter account
Mediabrands Orion has been appointed to the Anheuser Busch InBev account to handle its specialist barter needs, unseating the incumbent Miroma.
Orion: UK media director Mark Finnegan
Orion is understood to be taking on the account with immediate effect.
The awarding of the account follows the appointment of a new media director at the barter company, which deals in non-monetary transactions.
Last week, it was announced that Mark Finnegan would join Orion in the vacant role.
He will be responsible for the further development of media opportunities across clients, agencies and media owners, and will report to Paul Benson, the European managing director of Orion.
Finnegan joins Orion from Global Radio, where he headed up trading and planning.
Orion is active in 13 countries, with two more offices planned for this year. Established in 1996 by the Interpublic Group, Orion, a division of Mediabrands, is the only global major agency-owned barter company, with offices in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
The agency was formed last year when Magna Global Trading rebranded to become Orion.
Last week, the £23m media planning and buying account for Anheuser Busch InBev was awarded to Aegis-owned agency Vizeum, which picked up the account from incumbent Starcom.
Orion and Anheuser Busch were not available for comment.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...