Drinks brands set to unite on recycling
Coca-Cola is among a group of beverage brands that are in talks with can-makers aimed at creating a stronger recycling message to appear on canned drinks.
Soft drinks manufacturers to unite on recycling message
Under discussion is the phrase '100% recyclability, 100% reusability. Every can counts.'
The slogan emerged as the preferred option following research, commissioned by trade organisation Beverage Can Makers Europe (BCME), to find a message that would be most likely to resonate with consumers.
As alcohol and soft-drinks brands come on board, it is envisaged that versions of this message will run across advertising and on products' websites, as well as on packaging.
The research was carried out in the UK, France and Germany. It included online surveys and focus groups of consumers who typically drank four or more canned drinks a week.
It found that consumers responded poorly to statements that appeared to lecture or tried to evoke emotion, including the word 'sustainability'. However, lines 'proving' that recycling works received a positive response.
Patrick McGuirk, European recycling director for Coca-Cola Enterprises, said: 'We are interested to understand what messages work as this allows us to better build targeted campaigns that drive changes in consumer behaviour.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...