F1 sponsors call for top marketing role
Formula One sponsors have called for the sport to appoint its first marketing chief.
F1 star Lewis Hamilton
Sources said the proposal was made at the inaugural meeting of the F100 alliance in London last week. The combined value of the investment made in F1 by the brands attending is £458m. As a group, they are now urging the appointment of a senior figure to raise the profile of F1 and access untapped revenues.
Minutes from the meeting are copied to F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone, but a time frame for any appointment is unclear.
It is believed that the position would not be limited to marketing, and could include PR and other promotional responsibilities.
Speculation has linked ex-Vodafone global brand director David Wheldon with the role, but Ecclestone has denied negotiations are under way.
The F100 organisation identified online as an area in which it would like to see further investment. The sport already attracts an estimated global TV audience of 600m.
Potential future venues were also discussed. In 2011, India will host its first F1 race.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior UX Architect - Global Agency - London - £45,000-£55,000 Digital Gurus £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...