Google Instant feature launches tonight
Google is set to unveil a new search feature tonight called Google Instant that will enable search results to start popping up while the user is still typing.
Google: unveils its Instant feature tonight
The global roll-out follows a series of exclusive trails of the new feature in the UK and US, and is expected to be available for free to all Google users.
The new feature will offer instant suggestions that change as users type in their search queries.
Keen observers have noted changes to Google’s logo this week, which have included a grey lettering which colours as you type, which is likely a pointed reference to Google Instant.
Other announcements expected today are more search results per page and changes to the algorithms of its indexing system.
Google Instant arrives as the likes of Twitter and location-based apps such as FourSquare have made real-time data and communication more popular than ever.
A Google spokesman declined to comment ahead of the launch, but a source confirmed the details.
The introduction of dynamically changing search results demands a robust infrastructure that stands to once again place Google significantly ahead of its rivals, as the search market increasingly shifts from computers to smart phones.
Tonight’s launch follows yesterday’s announcement that Google’s TV, which promises to bring the best of the web to the television, will launch in the US over the next few weeks, followed by a worldwide launch next year.
Eric Schmidt, chief executive of Google, said Google TV would be free, and rely on content produced by TV studios and production companies.
Read more on Brand Republic's digital blog The Wall
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...