News International launches TV and lifestyle magazine Buzz
News International is to debut Buzz, The Sun's new lifestyle and television magazine, this Saturday (18 September).
Buzz: The Sun's new TV magazine
The magazine, revealed in July, will replace TV Mag, which is to be phased out.
The launch is to be backed by a series of star-studded ads, including appearances from television stars Bruce Forsyth, Denise Van Outen, Louie Spence and George Lamb.
Buzz will be free with The Sun on Saturday and will feature television news and big name celebrity interviews, alongside fashion, food and home pages and a revamped listings section.
News International described the launch as the "most significant magazine development for The Sun's Saturday offering since TV Mag was created from the original Sun TV Super Guide in 1998."
Jane Johnson, The Sun's associate editor who launched Closer magazine and News of the World's Fabulous magazine, is leading the project.
She said: "We'll feature a unique take on all the top shows from the X-Factor to Emmerdale, from the Apprentice to the Inbetweeners. Plus, Buzz will be shopping heaven - our lifestyle pages will be filled with what's new in fashion, beauty, home and food. If it's hot, you can be sure it'll be in Buzz!"
A series of TV and outdoor ads directed by top comedy director Bryan Buckley - made famous by his work on Orange's cinema campaign - will feature a star-studded cast of TV personalities in a stately home.
The Sun's marketing director Barnaby Dawe, said: "Buzz will take everything that's great about the TV and entertainment world and bottle it into a fantastic weekly read - and we've come up with a marketing plan to match."
The Sun launched a perfume also called Buzz earlier this month, working with parfumier Roja Dove to bottle the scent of entertainment.
This was promoted via two scented billboards outside Harrods and currently retails at £59 a bottle.
A series of 30 and 40 second ads will hit screens today (Monday) and the campaign will continue for 12 weeks.
The campaign was created by WCRS, with media planning and buying by Mindshare.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Advertising Account Manager Factory Design Labs Up to CHF 80,000 Annual, Verbier, Valais, CH
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...