Channel 4 confirms Jay Hunt appointment
Channel 4 has confirmed BBC One controller Jay Hunt is to join them in the recently created role of chief creative officer in early 2011, replacing acting CCO Julian Bellamy who is leaving without a job to go to.
Jay Hunt: joins Channel 4
In the new role, which was created by chief executive David Abraham in June, Hunt will have responsibility for all programming functions and multiplatform commissioning and product development.
Hunt will be an executive member of the Channel 4 board and will report to Abraham, who joined the broadcaster in May this year.
Bellamy will leave Channel 4 after a period of transition.
The confirmation of Hunt's appointment comes after a period of intense speculation that came to a head at the Edinburgh International Television Festival when Hunt refused to deny the move or commit her future to the BBC.
As controller of BBC One for the past two and a half years Hunt commissioned shows such as 'Sherlock', 'Luther' and 'Five Daughters' and experimented with the potential of multiplatform commissioning.
Hunt started her career in news and current affairs, working on 'Newsnight', 'Panorama' and 'BBC Breakfast'. She has also held the positions of controller of BBC Daytime and director of programmes at Channel Five.
Abraham said: "Channel 4 requires a fearless creative leader to help steer us through our next phase and Jay has demonstrated across a variety of public service genres as well as in commercial television, her appetite to challenge the status quo, create and lead change, and promote new talent."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...