News of the World to put up paywall in October
The News of the World will start charging for access to its digital content in October, with a four-week subscription costing £1.99.
NoW website: paywall to be introduced next month
A day's access will cost £1, the same as The Times and The Sunday Times.
At the same time, the Sunday tabloid will relaunch its website, as well as the website of its magazine, Fabulous.
The News of the World website has begun inviting people to register their details to be notified about forthcoming changes to the site.
A News International spokeswoman declined to reveal whether there would be a period of free access for registered customers before the paid-for access is introduced, saying only that registered customers would be given an introductory offer at launch.
Access to the Fabulous content will be included in the price of the News of the World.
There will also be a News of the World iPad app priced at £1.19 a week, to launch shortly after the website.
The company is still working on a paywall for The Sun, which will be the last of its titles to drop the free model.
The spokeswoman declined to comment on whether pricing for The Sun's digital content would be separate from the News of the World's digital content.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Business Director PFJ £60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...