Twitter courts UK marketers for Promoted Tweets ad platform
Twitter is aggressively targeting UK marketers as it looks to roll out its Promoted Tweets ad platform to brands outside of the US.
Twitter: targeting UK marketers for Promoted Tweets platform
The system provides ads based on keywords in Twitter search queries, which appear at the top of the search results page.
A Promoted Tweet is not guaranteed to stay afloat for a long time, but rather its longevity depends on response to the ads in terms of replies, clicks, and other metrics Twitter calls "resonance".
Shiva Rajaraman, product manager at Twitter, confirmed today (21 September) that the company was actively engaged with UK marketers and global brands about how they could use the platform as part of their marketing strategy in markets outside the US.
This comes as Twitter looks to open up its ad platform to incorporate more advertisers. The expansion was hinted at during Promoted Tweets' initial launch with global brands Sony Pictures, Red Bull and Virgin America in April.
Representing the micro-blogging company at AdTech, Rajaraman gave all the indications that the service would be made available in the UK, although no precise timeline was provided.
"We are looking for marketers who use Twitter effectively in the UK and who will make good candidates for the first ads roll out," he said.
One in five users on Twitter follows a brand and Rajaraman described the ad platform as "a great way for brands to get involved with the conversation".
He said: "Its basic role is to build out interest, depending on who they follow, and there will be a lot of opportunities beyond traditional brand advertising."
He added that Twitter was currently developing a real-time dashboard to help advertisers monitor the activity of their promoted tweets.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...