Laterooms.com to sponsor Gervais show
Hotel bookings website LateRooms.com is to sponsor the new Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant show, 'An Idiot Abroad', which launches on Sky1 tomorrow evening.
'An Idiot Abroad' follows Karl Pilkington, who also appears in Gervais' and Merchant's podcasts, as he is taken on a tour of the seven wonders of the world – described by the comedians as an "honest take on travel documentaries".
The idents, created by Beattie McGuinness Bungay, aim to demonstrate the site's offering by using the LateRooms.com logo as a base to provide brief glimpses through hotel windows across the world.
Pilkington has based his seven wonders on the new seven wonders of the world, replacing the Colosseum in Rome with ancient wonder, the Great Pyramids.
During the show Pilkington visits the Taj Mahal, the Great Wall of China, Christ the Redeemer in Brazil, Macchu Picchu in Peru, Chichen Itza in Mexico, Petra in Jordan and the Great Pyramids in Egypt.
Lynda Matthews, offline marketing manager at LateRooms.com, said: "Our sponsorship of the programme is a great showcase for the brand to an audience who are hungry for their next travel discovery and will love the great deals we offer."
The deal was negotiated by MediaCom Beyond Advertising and Sky Media. A spokeswoman for Laterooms.com declined to comment on how much the deal was worth.
'An Idiot Abroad', a Mentorn Media production executively produced by Gervais and Merchant, launches on Sky 1 and Sky1 HD at 9pm tomorrow.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...