News of the World launches ad campaign ahead of paywall
News International has launched an ad campaign for the News of the World, as it looks to ramp up awareness of the Sunday newspaper before it goes behind its proposed paywall next month.
The TV and outdoor campaign will launch today (27 September) and aims to promote the paper as Britain’s best-selling newspaper, ahead of plans to start charging readers for access to its digital content. The paper will charge users £1.99 for a four-week subscription, from October.
The TV ad, created by WCRS, which breaks on Wednesday and runs for three weeks, features the strapline "The big stories start here" to highlight the paper's reputation for breaking exclusive news.
The campaign will feature a selection of its biggest scoops, such as Chelsea footballer John Terry’s affair and Sarah Ferguson’s cash for access to Prince Andrew revelation.
The three TV executions will include "The Horse Whisperer", "Gotcha" and "Stakeout". Media planning and buying has been handled by Mindshare.
Barnaby Dawe, News of the World marketing director, said: "This campaign celebrates the News of the World's unparalleled reputation for delivering incredible revelations, week after week, year after year.
"It brings to life the passion, humour and excitement of the paper and will be a powerful tool in reminding readers why they love our brand."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...