Walter Campbell to lead creative at Anomaly
Walter Campbell, the creator of the Guinness "surfer" ad, has been named a creative partner at Anomaly.
Walter Campbell... joining Anomaly
Campbell will head creative for the agency’s UK content and joins the Anomaly partners Paul Graham and Geoff Gray on its management team.
Anomaly is in the process of hiring two creative directors to work alongside Campbell to oversee its digital and design-led output.
Campbell’s 1999 "surfer" spot, created while he was at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, was garlanded at awards festivals around the world and won two black Pencils at D&AD. It was also named the best television ad of all time in a UK poll conducted by The Sunday Times and Channel 4.
Campbell then launched Campbell Doyle Dye with Sean Doyle and Dave Dye in 2001. He created the Mercedes "lucky star" campaign featuring Benicio del Toro and directed by Michael Mann. Campbell left the agency, which had rebranded as Shop, in 2008, and has since worked on film projects. He said: "This is one of those opportunities for me to absolutely smack it out of the park."
Graham said: "We have always been committed to truly orbiting a client’s business problems from every angle, striving for strategic and creative excellence in all areas of marketing. Walter pushes that vision further forward."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London