Publicis lands $110m stake in Brazilian agency Talent
Publicis Groupe has confirmed it has signed a deal to acquire a 49% stake in Brazilian advertising group Talent, with the option of taking a majority stake in the future.
Julio Ribeiro: founder of Brazilian agency Talent
As revealed in September, Publicis fended off competition from WPP to land the stake in the 260-strong group.
The financial value of the deal was not disclosed, although sources said Publicis had paid $110m (£69.1m) for the stake. The Talent Group generated revenues of €50m in 2009.
The group includes full-service ad agency Talent, founded in 1980 by Julio Ribeiro, and QG Propaganda, founded in 1991 by Paulo Zoega.
Both founders will remain at the helm of their respective agencies, which will be "aligned with the Publicis global network".
Talent clients include Santander and fuel brand Ipiranga, while QG clients include retailer Big and insurance company Mapfre.
Publicis described Brazil, where, in August, it bought digital agency AG2, as "one of the most promising advertising markets in the world".
It already has 1,000 employees in the country, with a presence for its ad agencies Publicis Worldwide, Saatchi & Saatchi, Leo Burnett, umbrella media resource VivaKi, and PR shop MS&L Group.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London