IPC Media sells Model Collector and Stamp Magazine
IPC Media has sold another two of its specialist titles, Model Collector and Stamp Magazine, to publisher MyHobbyStore.
Model Collector: one of two titles sold by IPC to MyHobbyStore
Niche monthly title Model Collector, priced at £3.35, recorded an average circulation of 8,795 in the period between January 2009 and December 2009, according to ABC circulation figures.
Stamp Magazine, a monthly title, does not have an audited ABCs circulation figure.
Staff on both magazines will transfer to MyHobbyStore from the IPC Inspire division with immediate effect.
There will be no interruption to the publishing schedule of either title.
According to IPC, Model Collector is the UK's best-selling, die-cast title, while Stamp Magazine deals with all aspects of stamp collecting, and features "news from the world of philately, auctions and exhibitions and the latest issues and valuable errors, as well as readers showcasing their collections."
MyHobbyStore publishes titles including the model-flying magazine RCM&E, Model Engineer, Model Boats and Good Woodworking.
Paul Williams, managing director, IPC Inspire, said: "MyHobbyStore is a publisher which is passionate about hobbies – the perfect new home for Model Collector and Stamp Magazine.
"My personal thanks go to both teams for all of their hard work, particularly over the course of the strategic review and acquisition negotiations. They have done a fantastic job and I wish them all the very best for the future."
Owen Davies, chief executive, MyHobbyStore, said: "Stamp and Model Collector are wonderful additions to our growing portfolio of special interest hobby magazines. Our plan is to grow these sectors by developing online communities and e-commerce opportunities on our leading-edge technology platform."
The sale of the two magazines is part of an ongoing strategic review of IPC Media's niche and specialist titles, which has included the sale of MiniWorld, Ships Monthly, Park Home & Holiday Caravan, Cage & Aviary Birds and Aeroplane to Kent-based Kelsey Publishing, Web User to Dennis Publishing, Guitar & Bass to Anthem Publishing and World Soccer to Chelsea Publishing.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Account Manager in retail + branding design agency Gabriele Skelton £25000 per annum, London
- Senior UK Category Manager McCormick Ltd Haddenham, Buckinghamshire , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- EMEA Category Controller McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire