Simon Astley moves on from BAE Systems for lobbying role at Balfour Beatty
The director of parliamentary relations at BAE Systems is leaving to take the top lobbying role at engineering and construction giant Balfour Beatty.
Aerospace: BAE Systems
Simon Astley is moving to the new post of head of public affairs later this month, after seven years at BAE.
Before joining the defence, security and aerospace firm, he headed external and public affairs at the Civil Engineering Contractors Association.
Balfour’s lobbying efforts are currently overseen by company secretary Chris Vaughan and director of corporate comms Duncan Murray.
The firm recently switched its public affairs business to Edelman after more than four years with Weber Shandwick.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London