Simon Astley moves on from BAE Systems for lobbying role at Balfour Beatty
The director of parliamentary relations at BAE Systems is leaving to take the top lobbying role at engineering and construction giant Balfour Beatty.
Aerospace: BAE Systems
Simon Astley is moving to the new post of head of public affairs later this month, after seven years at BAE.
Before joining the defence, security and aerospace firm, he headed external and public affairs at the Civil Engineering Contractors Association.
Balfour’s lobbying efforts are currently overseen by company secretary Chris Vaughan and director of corporate comms Duncan Murray.
The firm recently switched its public affairs business to Edelman after more than four years with Weber Shandwick.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...