OMD retains £25m pan-Euro easyJet account
EasyJet has retained OMD International to handle its estimated £25m pan-European media planning and buying business following a year long competitive pitch process involving Carat and MEC.
Easyjet: retains OMD
The easyJet media account is believed to include its UK business, which spent £8m on ads in the 12 months to August 2010, and activity in Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands.
The low-cost airline started the review of its agency arrangements in November 2009, as OMD's second three-year contract was coming to an end.
EasyJet appointed OMD in 2003 following a competitive pitch that culminated in a head-to-head with Carat.
Last week it was announced that easyJet was set come to an agreement with its founder Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, which would involve paying him an annual royalty in return for retaining the "easy" brand name, after three years of costly disputes that have taken the two parties to the High Court this year.
In September, Haji-Ioannou announced he would be launching easyGym, a cut-price, no frills chain of gyms across the UK, with the aim of undercutting premium-priced city gyms that also feature swimming pools and saunas.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1