Quorn targets veggies on TV
Premier Foods is shifting the focus of its meat-free food range Quorn back to its vegetarian roots, as it looks to ramp up awareness amid speculation it is about to sell the brand.
In January, Quorn will launch its first TV ad for two years, focusing on the roll-out
of ready meals such as Bangers and Mash and Tikka Masala.
Ads, by MCBD, will be aimed at Quorn’s traditional audi-ence of vegetarians and ‘weight managers’, after years of attempting to broaden the brand’s appeal to meat-eaters.
Premier Foods’ meat-free division managing director, Kevin Brennan, said that the New Year is a ‘key period’ for targeting these consumers. Two-thirds of all Quorn purchases are made by vegetarians.
Premier Foods, which also owns Branston Pickle and Hovis, has been subject to
speculation that its debts will force it to sell off chunks of the business.
Reports suggest it could raise up to £250m from the sale of its meat-free division.
A Premier Foods spokesman has confirmed that it has ‘received approaches’ for its meat-free division.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...