Currys and PC World use the force of Star Wars
Dixons Retail has licensed the robot characters from 'Star Wars' to feature in the first ad campaign for its Currys and PC World Megastores.
R2-D2: stars in latest Currys campaign
Created by M&C Saatchi, the television and print ads will show C-3PO, played again by actor Anthony Daniels, and R2-D2 landing in a megastore car park at night. They then break in to the store and play with the products.
The three-week TV campaign will kick off on Saturday (23 October) with a 60-second ad during 'The X Factor' on ITV1. Media planning and buying is by Walker Media.
The multimillion pound campaign introduces the strapline "Discover the greatest electrical store in our galaxy".
Niall O'Keefe, UK marketing director for Dixons Retail, said: "Our Megastores offer the largest selection of electricals in the UK, and we wanted to create a partnership that would truly represent the size and scale of the shopping experience a Megastore delivers.
"Who better than C-3PO and R2-D2, arguably two of the most well-known characters in film history, to showcase exactly how vast our Megastores really are – we believe they are unrivalled throughout the galaxy."
Dixons Retail has opened 20 Megastores, which offer a 2in1 combination of its Currys and PC World chains, with the 21st set to open next month.
It faces competition from US retailer Best Buy, which opened its first stores in the UK this year, and Comet, which in September launched a new campaign based around the strapline "Come and play".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...