Former Nike and Mindshare chiefs partner for sports ecommerce launch
Charles Greenwood, the former Nike UK head of strategy, has partnered with Nick Walford, the former Mindshare Performance chief operating officer, to launch sports product website Equipio.
Equipio: new sports product website launches
The ecommerce start up aims to "to become the online destination for consumers to locate and buy performance sports products".
Greenwood left Nike earlier this year and has also held the position of business development and marketing manager at Reuters. During his time at Nike he developed Nike UK's retail strategy and plans for increasing digital revenue through Nikestore.com.
Walford, who left Mindshare at the end of 2008 after 10 years with the media network and has since run his own consultancy, takes the non-executive director role at the online initiative. He was previously head of sponsorship at JWT, a role he held for eight years.
During his time at Mindshare and JWT, Walford worked across a variety of clients including HSBC, Ford, Heineken and Gillette.
Greenwood said: "The key for brands, retailer and media owners will be to understand the relationships between their users and which pieces of content had the greatest influence on the purchase decision."
Equipio is expected to announce partnerships with retailers over the coming months that will work with the company via affiliate windows.
Walford said: "It’s really about creating a sports social shopping site that fits with the needs of consumers.
"The way sports brands are represented in the online retail space is changing rapidly and people want to feel more engaged when they buy. Recommendations, reviews and great content all add to the consumer experience.
"It’s an interesting and evolving space, and one in which we hope to make Equipio a significant future player."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...