Expedia calls £40 million pan-Euro ad review
Expedia is looking for an agency to handle its estimated £40 million pan-European advertising business as the online travel portal prepares for a relaunch.
Expedia... Euro ad review
Agencies have been invited to pitch for the business in a process being handled through the AAR.
Expedia favours appointing one central agency in London to handle advertising strategy and execution across Europe. But another option is to hire one lead agency in London with agencies in other markets as part of a network solution.
The business includes 12 European markets and the review process is being led by Andrew Warner, Expedia senior marketing director EMEA. An appointment is expected in mid-December.
Expedia is planning to introduce new products and services over the coming months and aims to market these as part of a relaunch in Europe.
The travel site currently uses a variety of agencies across Europe, including Meteorite on the £5 million UK account. The agency will repitch for the business.
Expedia’s relationship with Essence, which was hired earlier this year to handle its pan-European digital creative, is unaffected. PHD handles the brand’s consolidated media across Europe.
Expedia’s last major advertising campaign was called ‘building blocks’ voiced by and was voiced by David Mitchell. The TV ad, by Meteorite, launched in April and followed the global rebrand of the travel operator’s logo and websites
It was the brand’s first since its 'Life of a cloud‘ campaign by DFGW, in the summer of 2006.EXPEDIA
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London