NatMag consolidates websites onto single digital platform
NatMag is migrating its magazine websites to a publishing platform developed by parent Hearst, allowing it to streamline user experience and create "new revenue streams".
Harpersbazaar.co.uk: will make the transition to Magnus by Q1 2011
Magnus, which has been developed by Hearst Magazines Digital Media, integrates the publisher's content management, syndication, community tools, subscription marketing, universal user registration and promotional tools.
NatMag said that the move would enable it to share "development and best practices".
So far Youandyourwedding.co.uk, Company.co.uk, Menshealth.co.uk and Handbag.com have been migrated to Magnus, while Harpersbazaar.co.uk, Babyexpert.com, Cosmopolitan.co.uk, Esquire.co.uk and Allaboutyou.com will make the transition by the first quarter of 2011.
NatMag said Magnus will make it easier for readers to move across websites, eliminating the need for re-registering their personal details. It will also improve search capabilities and offer advertisers a "technically sophisticated environment in which to engage with their target audiences".
Simon Horne, NatMag's general manager and finance director, said: "Our investment in the Magnus platform will create many opportunities for NatMag's websites – from the creation of new revenue streams to providing users with a more efficient and faster service, which, in turn, will help generate significant growth in traffic and attract new advertisers."
John Loughlin, Hearst Magazines' executive vice-president and general manager, said: "The Magnus platform, which we built in-house at Hearst, has proven to be a highly effective system for managing our rich digital content both on our sites and with syndication partners, and has enabled us to offer registered consumers a seamless experience across our network."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - £45-50K Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, East London