Radio Times to publish three mini food magazines
BBC Magazine's Radio Times is to include three glossy 16-page food titles as inserts over the coming three weeks.
Radio Times: celebrity chef inserts
Each magazine is in partnership with a celebrity chef. The first, out on Tuesday 2 November, is called Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers. The second, out on 9 November, is called Nigella Lawson's Simple Treats and the final issue, Jamie Oliver's Simple Christmas, will be included in the issue out on 16 November.
The titles have secured advertising from Sainsbury's, Hotpoint, The Co-operative, Fairy and Flash.
In April this year Radio Times had a redesign and upped its pagination in its first revamp under editor Ben Preston, who joined the magazine in September last year.
The magazine recorded an average net circulation of 947,131 in the latest ABCs for the six months to June 2010, which was a 2% drop year on year from 966,098.
BBC Magazines, owned by BBC Worldwide, publicly confirmed in April it was seeking a partnership with another company to enable its portfolio of brands to meet their potential, an option which the BBC Trust green-lighted in principle in September.
However industry commentators have ventured that the sales process is likely to be complicated by the BBC's desire to retain some control over magazine brands directly linked to its programme brands, such as 'Top Gear' and 'Doctor Who'.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Product Director Salt £80000 - £150000 per annum + Bonus & Benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...