Coca-Cola set to put UK-only ads on ice
Coca-Cola Europe looks ready to end UK-specific TV ads for its Coke range, following the company's recent global marketing restructure.
Coca-Cola: set to end UK-only TV ads
The changes mean it could scrap TV ads tailored to the UK market across its My Coke portfolio, which spans Coke, Diet Coke and Coke Zero.
The latest ads made solely for UK audiences include Diet Coke's 'Night rider' ad, featuring singer Duffy, and the 'Open happiness' Coke ad featuring electropop star Calvin Harris. Both were created by Mother London. It seems likely that future ads will be created at a pan-European or global level, then adapted for local markets.
Under the new European marketing strategy, the UK becomes a hub for direct and digital campaigns; creative could then be rolled out across the rest of Northern Europe.
Coca-Cola GB has been grouped in to the North West Europe & Nordics (NWEN) branch of the company.
A spokeswoman for Coca-Cola GB said: 'While [our] advertising strategy will take place at an NWEN level, we will use a variety of advertising agencies from different countries.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...