Wickes hires Tony Holdway as brand director
Wickes has appointed Tony Holdway from Shop Direct as brand director.
Wickes: 'It's got our name on it'
Holdway will support Wickes marketing director Rob Murray as the DIY retailer increases its focus on marketing.
Holdway will be responsible for driving the next stage of Wickes’ ‘It’s got our name on it’ campaign, which promotes the competitive pricing and quality of its own-label products.
Holdway joins from Shop Direct, where he was brand director responsible for developing the Littlewoods business. He has also held senior marketing roles at Woolworths, Mothercare and WH Smith.
Murray said that it has "invested heavily" in growing the marketing team during what is a "difficult time" for the retail sector.
Wickes, which has 196 stores in the UK, claims that sales have grown over the past year, with turnover up 2.9% and showroom transactions increasing by 11.9%.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...