Wickes hires Tony Holdway as brand director
Wickes has appointed Tony Holdway from Shop Direct as brand director.
Wickes: 'It's got our name on it'
Holdway will support Wickes marketing director Rob Murray as the DIY retailer increases its focus on marketing.
Holdway will be responsible for driving the next stage of Wickes’ ‘It’s got our name on it’ campaign, which promotes the competitive pricing and quality of its own-label products.
Holdway joins from Shop Direct, where he was brand director responsible for developing the Littlewoods business. He has also held senior marketing roles at Woolworths, Mothercare and WH Smith.
Murray said that it has "invested heavily" in growing the marketing team during what is a "difficult time" for the retail sector.
Wickes, which has 196 stores in the UK, claims that sales have grown over the past year, with turnover up 2.9% and showroom transactions increasing by 11.9%.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London