YouView picks A&E in dramatic pitch U-turn
YouView, the new digital TV platform due to launch mid-2011, has made a dramatic U-turn on the award of its advertising account.
Tim Hunt... appointed Adam & Eve
Two weeks after handing the creative business – worth a reported £40 million over four years – to CHI and Partners, YouView admitted yesterday that the account will now be handled by Adam & Eve.
YouView’s marketing director Tim Hunt said A&E "are one of the most creative and dynamic new agencies in the UK and we are hugely excited about their plans for YouView". At the same time, OMD was confirmed as winning the media planning and buying business and Momentum will handle retail and experiential campaigns.
The real reason for the creative agency U-turn is unclear. Reports that some of YouView’s stakeholders felt uneasy about CHI’s relationship with TalkTalk, a key investor in YouView alongside rival BT, or the remuneration terms and creative content of CHI’s pitch were dismissed by YouView’s chief, Richard Halton. "The agency appointment was entirely the province of the YouView team, our stakeholders didn’t have a say," he insisted.
The fact that CHI pitched a full-service solution through its MCHI offering is reported to have caused conflict problems when the agency was subsequently allocated only the creative account. Halton said that "CHI had the strongest creative idea ready to go" but that OMD made a compelling media pitch.
Johnny Hornby, CHI’s founding partner, said: "We could not reconcile this project with our existing clients and the partners in YouView."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Analytical Marketing Manager Badenoch & Clark £40000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...