McDonald's switches Easterbrook out of global brand role
McDonald's has U-turned on its decision to appoint former UK chief executive Steve Easterbrook to the job of global chief branding officer.
Steve Easterbrook: will head up McDonald's European operations
Instead, he will now head up the fast-food chain's European operations.
In May, McDonald's appointed Easterbrook, its top executive in the UK and Northern Europe, to the new role of global chief brand officer, in a management shift.
As part of the changes, Jill McDonald, chief marketing officer for Northern Europe, was announced as Easterbrook's replacement.
However, Easterbrook will now move to the role of president of McDonald’s Europe, replacing Dennis Hennequin who is leaving the business.
Easterbrook will oversee the operations of more than 6,800 McDonald's outlets in 39 European countries, and will support McDonald's president and chief operating officer Don Thompson.
It means that McDonald's is still in the hunt for a global chief branding officer, a position it is expected to fill within the next few weeks.
The move to appoint Easterbrook to the European role is thought to have been prompted by Hennequin’s departure.
Jim Skinner, McDonald's chief executive, said: "The strong performance of McDonald's Europe is a key component to our overall success and Steve's track record shows that he'll do an excellent job leading the business."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...